On June 22nd, get ready to run till the sun goes down.
Big updates to this year’s event:
- A new chip timing system with an electronic display for runners to reliably keep track of their progress in real time.
- The venue has been upgraded to 柑園生態河濱公園 near Yingge. Runners have the option to rent a site with their team or family to help them push until the sun sets.
- Sunrise-to-sunset option for solo runners. Single runners have the option to run from 5:00 to 18:45 and beat the sunset for the longest day of the year.
The course has been extended to 5k of paved wetland paths and involves a few rolling hills. The Shulin Environmental Riverside is a step away from the busy city. The route is full of reeds and ponds and teeming with migratory birds.
NEW: Solo – Sunrise to Sunset – $1800 per runner
Single runners begin their journey at 5:00 as the sun is rising in the east and rack up as many laps on the course as they can on their own until the sun sets at 18:45.
Pairs – Noon to Sunset – $2000 per team
Teams of two start the race when the sun is at the highest point of the day and alternate relay style racing against the setting sun. Good for experienced runners who want to work together to push their limits. Expected distance per runner: 30-50k
Superteam – Noon to Sunset – $4000 per team
Teams of four enjoy all the fun of Beat The Sunset without the pressure to perform. Grab a team of friends and work together to see how many laps you can do. Expected distance per runner: 10k
- Top 3 male and female Solo runners
- Top 3 overall Pairs
- Top Superteam
- Fastest lap of the day award
Gifts for participants:
Provided at the event:
- Catering meals (please bring your own dishes and utensils)
- Snacks and drinks all day
- Hot showers after the event available for $50
- Craft beer from East Drinks West
柑園生態河濱公園 is an easy 5-minute walk from Shanjia Station TRA (山佳火車站.)
On-site camping (recommended for sunrise to sunset runners)
Runners who wish to rent a site for their team for June 21st to June 22nd can purchase a site during registration. The cost is $500 for a site, regardless of the number of people using that space. Space is limited and only 20 sites are available so act fast. Those who wish to stay longer than the 22nd can contact us or GTANK for more information.
Sign up early, as registration will close as soon as capacity is reached.